Saturday, March 10, 2012

BUSINESS SENSE

Throughout the last 3 years, I have had a blast creating, designing, meeting, traveling, and growing to a level I never imagined existed, for me. Since the holidays are over, I can absolutely say, I have had a remarkable year and definitely achieved my goal for 2011.

I have had to put the brakes on the fun part and develop what I call, "BUSINESS SENSE".  We cannot forget about tax day, April 15th.  As I shared in my very first blog, I set weekly goals in order to reach where I am today.

 In order for me to complete the necessary work for the business side of my company, I had to devise a daily schedule.  Remember, I am a wife and a mom, too, but my girls are at Ole Miss. The following is an example of my day:

9:00 pm (night before) load dirty clothes in washing machine and set timer for washer to start at 3:00 a.m.
4:30 a.m. transfer washed clothes to clothes dryer, coffee, journal, read current events, etc
5:30 a.m. household duties (hang or fold clean clothes, dress to exercise, etc
6:00 a.m Walk my yellow lab to the lake and complete my isolation exercises (beautiful view!!), feed                 Nila, water plants
6:45 a.m. cook dinner. I love to cook. I create with whatever is in the pantry and freezer.
7:30 a.m. shower, dress, prepare for the day
8:30 a.m. In my office and  ready to work non-stop. Most of the time, I miss lunch.
All day, recording, scanning, filing, every receipt from the entire year.
6:00 p.m. close the computer

I have been frustrated to the point of tears. Every day I learned something new dealing with the business side of my company. I kept saying to myself, All I want to do is create. This part is not fun, at all. However, I am so relieved that I am very close to completing my goal.  I can honestly say, I have had wonderful guidance when situations occurred. Tracey, Becky, Leah, Jim, Esther and Melissa, thank you so much for your friendship, professionalism and help.

As stated before, I have met the most incredible people since KaCo Designs by Liz, LLC was developed.
I am wearing my "Ragin Tiger" waterproof apron. I also work for Neely creating arrangements for
weddings, luncheons and dinner parties.  I am very passionate about what I do.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000216068273
http://www.facebook.com/pages/KaCo-Designs-By-Liz/177216055643207

6 comments:

  1. Wow...you inspire me!!! when I was reading your post on the schedule of your day, I was exhausted by the time I got to 6:45 a.m. You do more in the first few hours of your day than most people do in a full 24 hours of theirs! You are my own personal "energizer bunny"....HA! Amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lucy. We still need to get together and visit. I can always make time for my friends.

      Delete
  2. You learned earlier in your business than I did in mine to make a daily schedule . It's the only way to have your own business. You inspire me....so proud of you. Love You!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I too am very proud of you. Hard work and dedication is the key to success. So good to hear from you.

      Delete
  3. Keep it up Mrs Liz!! Love you! Such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You inspire me too. As a college senior you have accomplished so much. I am so proud of you.

      Delete