Sunday, November 27, 2011

CAJUN COUNTRY

Trunk show in New Iberia, Louisiana.  Cajun Country!! The weekend before Thanksgiving I traveled to my home town and had a trunk show to sell my 100% cotton multi-purpose waterproof designer aprons.

 In order to have a successful event, organization and proper preparation is required. Helen created my address database, Tasha created my invitations, filled containers with aprons, I packed mannequins and a large box with "staging" supplies. Finally, the weekend had arrived. I loaded the back of my SUV. Thank goodness for side mirrors. I felt like the "traveling apron lady".

The night before the show, I spent several hours setting up. I created apron displays in the kitchen, in the living room, and in the dining room. I also created fresh floral arrangements that were placed in selected areas. It was the perfect scene for  Christmas shopping.  On the day of the event, my guests were greeted with a holiday cocktail served by a family member wearing an apron from my collection with Christmas music playing in the background. My trunk show was a huge success.

The days following the event, I received many phone calls from people who had heard about them and from people who were unable to attend on the day of the event. I literaly sold aprons out of my tuck throughout the week.

I am extremely grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment